Friday, September 15, 2006

Memories...'sigh'




I don't know why I put these pictures on this post, probably just wanted to relive one of the happiest days of my life. I was in Hamburg World Cup Stadium watching Ecuador whoop up on Costa Rica. There's a funny story about this game. The Agustin Delgado near post Wundergoal (pictured) was to me one of the best of the Cup (of course behind Maxi Rodriguez, Joe Cole, and Beckham's free kick that drove a dagger through my heart). The only people out of my family [Me, my older brother Phillip, my two younger brothers Tony and Brian, My Grandpa Yayo (pronounced Jah-Joe for those who had there minds where their noses are), and my Dad] that saw the goal live were me and Tony. This actually was the best thing that could have happened to Tony because he could be the next American Wunderkid because of his left foot. When the goal happened, I turned to him and yelled, "THIS IS WHY YOU GOTTA PLAY SOCCER INSTEAD OF BASEBALL IN HIGH SCHOOL." He now has made his decision and is running Cross Country to get ready for footy season. But anyway, the people who didn't see the goal because they were getting food didn't talk to me and Tony for the rest of the day. It was great.
But anyway, the reason I wanted to post today was to give a little preview of this weeks Prem Action. Of Course the two big games are ManYoo v Arsenal and Chelski v the Liverpudlians. I see Man Yoo winning by two due to the fact that Henry and Van Persie are not expected to play. I don't see any way that Liverpool can win this game due to the week that they have had (0-0 v PSV and 0-3 loss to Everton) unless Stevie G rises to the big game hero status of the Champs League Final and the FA Cup final. Scorlines: ManYoo 3 Arsenal 1 and Chelski 2 Liverpool 1

1 comment:

James Eric said...

i recall texting sam's phone during this match, claiming prophetically that "Delgado would redeem himself"...and what better path towards redemption than a near post cracker!