Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Champions League Picks--Matchday 6


Get used to this look, you'll be seeing it in a few hours after Chelsea get it handed to them and their manager still tells the press he's got the better team. Just unlucky, right Jose? We're done buying it.

Not one of my better days yesterday, but I'm back and better than ever. I'll leave it up to my intern Sambo to give us the updated count, all I know is that I'm behind. So without further adieu, I give you Stephen's Sensual Selections matchday 6:

Inter Milan beats Spartak Moscow in an absolute must win for Internazionale

Bayern goes on the road and beats Sporting Lisbon, Podolski with the late winner

Liverpool and Bordeaux draw nil-nil in typical Liverpool fashion

PSV gets the upset in a tough road environment at Galatasaray

Roma crosses the Aegean and gets the win at Olympiakos

Valencia all over Shakhtar Donetsk early and often, easy win for the boys in the Toyota jerseys

Werder Bremen has yet to put up a goal in the group stages, and I see that trend continue, however the Germans pick up an own goal late and win over Levski Sofia. This is my rubber bullet special of the day. First 20,000 fans get complimentary riot gear.

Finally, in the granddaddy of 'em all, Barcelona looks top class against a Chelsea unit without their top two keepers. The headline writers in England are going to have a field day when third string Chelsea keeper Hilario gives up three goals in the first hour, as I see Chelsea playing from behind most of this match. Final score line, as I've been saying for a good week now, Barca 3, Blues 1. Goal tallies by Ronaldinho, Messi, and Gudjohnson. Sheva for Chelsea, trying to make a game of it to no avail.

No comments: