Monday, December 11, 2006

The "everything but the kitchen sink" post


Okay, I lied, this post has everything including the kitchen sink. This post will cover a lot, so bear with me.

A. Champs League reaction: So i went 4-12 on matchdays 11 and 12 to bring my overall total for the group stage to 53-43 and a 55% accuracy rating. Now, being able to predict 96 matches with a 55% accuracy rating isn't bad, but it isn't really good either. Mark my words though, it will improve in the knockout rounds. Of the 16 teams left in the Champions League, Lille is the only team that can't win. Based on form in the group stage, I would say that Lyon is the favorite, with ManYoo, Bayern, Inter, Barca, and Real Madrid possible winners.

B. FREDDY ADU HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED...to real salt lake. He will start every game he is available there, but the team sucks. This is a bad move for Freddy, but there is nothing he can do about it because his contract is owned by the MLS. If Manchester United do rescue him, good for him; but all inklings from the British press are that Sir Alex just didn't see enough from him to splash the cash that would be required to buy MLS's golden boy.

C. No more Alan Pardew- Okay, so I was wrong about West Ham. Look for Sven Goran-Erikkson or Alan Curbishley to take the reigns. Now that they are completely out of the top 4 picture, I am giving you my new top 4 prediction. Unfortunately, it seems that it is probably going to be the usual suspects:
1. Manchester United- THE CHAMPS
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal

D. The Fifa World Club Championships are upon us, and it doesn't seem to have a lot of luster, maybe because Max Bretos is the commentator, but I digress. However, there could be surprises. Liverpool was supposed to win easily last year, but fell to Sao Paulo in the final. I don't see that happening to Barcelona. They should win it in a walk. So give me Internacional (Brazil) vs Barcelona in the final. Barcelona will win, but don't sleep on the Brazilians.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Samuel J. Franco said...

whoever is doing this should be castrated