Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Reaction: Champions League Days 7 and 8


I love football too sweetheart, but that doesn't mean you need to smuggle them under your shirt.

Now to business. Champions League days 7 and 8 were well... pretty crappy. None of the favorites were impressive (except Liverpool and Chelski) Now for my Impressive and Dissapointing teams:

Impressive: Liverpool- Gerrard is finally back on form, so watch out.

PSV Eidenhoven- this team continues to impress and ALWAYS does well in Europe; another dark horse. (speaking of Dark horse, why is James hating? I called Lyon a dark horse after 3 games. A lot can change in 3 games)

Chelsea- I hate to say it, but the EPL Champs are clicking on all cylinders. Drogba is the best striker in the world right now.

Benfica- they got the must have win against Celtic. They are still in with a chance.

Werder Bremen- Easily dispatched Levski. They control their own destiny and if they can somehow beat/draw Chelsea and beat/draw Barca (good luck) they will advance over Barca.

Dissapointments: Manchester United- losing to Kopenhagen... c'mon. And it gets worse because they were just dumped out of the Carling Cup by last place English 2nd division team Southend.

Valencia- I know going to the Ukraine to play is tough, but you are a contender for La Liga, you gotta win that game.

Barcelona- This team is severely weakened without Eto'o. They do not control their own destiny in Europe. Luckily for them, they get Levski next. But if Werder tie Chelsea, then the Barca/Werder clash becomes the most important match in Barca history. If you look back to my first ever post on this blog ["Meet Sambo" post] I said "Werder Bremen are no pushovers." I'm not going to say I told you so, but...

I took a beating on Matchday 7 with a 4 and 4 record, but slightly improved on matchday 8 with a 5 and 3 record. This brings my overall record to 42-22. My accuracy rate fell from 69% to 66%, but I promise it will go up.

No comments: